Resident Evil Joins the Dead by Daylight Cast
Dead by daylight has found itself collaborating with some of the most pivotal horror series on the planet. Working with the likes of Saw, Halloween, Scream, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Stranger Things, Nightmare on Elm Street, and even Silent Hill. Now, a new franchise has arrived to make its mark on the game, being Resident Evil.
DBD’s Resident Evil Chapter
Resident Evil sees the introduction of a whole new map, two survivors, and a new killer. Letting players bring the RE universe into the titular asymmetrical horror game. The New survivors are none other than Jill Valentine from Resident Evil 3. Sporting her look and appearance from the remake of Resident Evil 3. Joining her in the entities domain Is none other than Leon S. Kennedy. Sporting his own look and appearance from the remake of Resident Evil 2. The Killer for the map is Nemesis, chasing Jill Valentine all the way from Racoon City to the entity’s domain. As well as the map is a 1:1 recreation of the Raccoon City Police Department from the Remakes of RE:2 and RE:3. The additions to the characters as well as Nemesis’ abilities were showcased to the public during Dead by Daylight’s 5th-anniversary broadcast. Silent Hill was shown off just a year prior during their 4th anniversary.
The Resident Evil DLC follows the same suit for massive DLC additions for players to feast on. With the Resident Evil chapter coming June 15th, players will gain access to Leon and Jill, and Nemesis. Each character coming with their own unique perks, allowing them to survive to escape, or to take on the survivors to stop any dash of hope they might have.
For Leon, he comes with three new perks. Players can unlock these perks when they reach certain levels while playing as the character.
- Bite the Bullet: Leon’s Willingness to tough it out in front of others makes him look strong, even though it hurts just as much. While healing Leon will be able to make no noise, helping him hide while the killer is searching for him, failing skill checks during this process also does not alert the killer of his location, making this a perfect perk for players who want to be stealthy.
- Flashbang: Leon is able to find debris around the world and craft items to help him escape. Incorporating the crafting mechanic from the Resident Evil games into the DBD universe, Leon gains the ability to create a single-use flashbang grenade while inside a locker. The perk will only activate after Leon as completed a generator during the course of the match. Leon can use the flashbang to distract and stun the killer as he manages to make his escape.
- Rookie Spirit: Being his first day on the job, Leon finds himself able to sense when something is wrong. This perk allows Leon to see degrading generators after performing a number of skill checks during the match. Allowing him to find issues quicker, and get out faster.
Jill Valentine also comes with a handful of new perks as well. The three perks Jill has are as follows.
- Counterforce: Jill’s tangle with the nemesis and the denizens of Raccoon City and the Spencer Mansion have helped her overcome enemies who are stronger than her. Knowing this, Jill is able to cleanse totems 20% faster, and cleansing them shows the killer the totem farthest from where the player is located.
- Resurgence: Jill’s constant near-death experiences have made her stronger than ever, allowing her to increase the amount her healing starts at after unhooking herself. Allowing her to heal up faster than other players and ger herself back into the fight.
- Blast Mine: Jill’s ability to turn the tides of battle has proven herself useful in the realm of the entity. With blast mine, Completing a generator will charge up 66% of the perk, when the perk is active, Jill can place a mine underneath the generator. While it will disappear after a short time, If the killer attempts to break the generator that’s been rigged, they will be stunned, and anyone within the radius will be blinded.
Aside from Jill and Leon, the killer for Resident Evil is Nemesis, returning from Resident Evil 3’s Remake. The Nemesis’ Perks are reminiscent of the Resident Evil Franchise, and he comes with a surprising twist as well. When Nemesis is in play, Zombies will spawn in to attack players, meaning that anyone who is facing nemesis will succumb to having to run around or fight zombies as they roam the map. On top of this, Nemesis can use his tentacle attack to infect players with the T-Virus from Resident Evil, being attacked by a zombie also causes this effect. While similar to some other status effects, players will be forced to cough or vomit on the ground, making them easier to track by nemesis. The only cure are some antidotes around the map, letting the player stop the effects of the infection, however there’s only a small amount. This means that players are going to have to use them only if necessary.
Nemesis comes with 3 of his own perks.
- Lethal Pursuer: Nemesis is built for the sole purpose to track down and eliminate S.T.A.R.S in the world of the entity, everyone is S.T.A.R.S. When Nemesis begins a match, he automatically sees players locations for 5 seconds, allowing him to hone in on one target to take down.
- Hysteria: Nemesis uses his abilities to make an example of someone, invoking fear in survivors. When nemesis injures a healthy player with a basic attack, all survivors in the injured state will suffer from the debuff oblivious for 20 seconds. Hysteria has a cooldown of 60 seconds.
- Eruption: Nemesis isn’t just a strong monster, he’s also a smart one. Nemesis can trap generators after kicking them. The generator is highlighted in yellow for the player to see. When Nemesis puts a survivor into the dying state, all generators that have been kicked explode, causing their progress to reverse 6%, as well as removing the auras. Any survivor repairing one of the trapped generators will scream and be given the debuff Incapacitated for 10 seconds. Eruption has a cooldown of 90 seconds.
Nemesis, Leon, and Jill, as well as the entire RCPD will be joining Dead by Daylight on June 15th. However, players who are in the PTB will have the chance to play the new characters, as well as Nemesis during the beta period before the DLC’s release.