League of Legends Wild Rift Gameplay Reveal
Ever since Riot first announced that they were going to release a mobile version of League of Legends called Wild Rift, fans started getting hyped beyond comprehension, and with good reason. The notion of having mobile League in our pockets almost feels too good to be true. Fortunately, we now finally have official gameplay reveal, so let’s dive a bit deeper into the subject matter!
- Large-scale testing starts next week.
- Riot only made changes to existing champions whenever the need arose. Some abilities had to be adjusted to the new, smaller size of the map or the dual-stick control scheme. They want to make each champion immediately recognizable and that goes for both visuals as well as gameplay.
- The champions that will be available from day one are: Ahri, Master Yi, Lux, Annie, Garen, Fiora, Vi, Blitzcrank, Camille, Jhin, Ezreal, Janna, Soraka, Nami, Nasus, Braum, Miss Fortune, Graves, Jinx, Alistar, Olaf, Gragas, Jax, Malphite, Shyvanna, Aurelion Sol, Orianna, Fizz, Ashe, Tryndamere, Twisted Fate, Vayne, Xin Zhao, Zed, Yasuo, Ziggs. This is just the first batch of champions. New additions will join the fray over the coming months.
- Riot spent a lot of time in making their dual control scheme as responsive and fluid as possible.
- The champ select stage looks (and works) identical to PC.
- There are a few new minor runes that are unique to Wild Rift.
- Wild Rift matches are identical from a visual and gameplay standpoint, but they’re a lot shorter than the full game. Each match should last between 15 and 20 minutes on average.
- Each jungle camp was slightly tweaked and tuned to accommodate the adjusted gameplay.
- Skins will still be the main source of revenue, and they look just as good as they do in the full game!
Wild Rift needs to be a lot different to the full-fledged game, and it definitely feels like Riot understands that as well. They’re doing all that is within their power to make the game as good, polished, and engaging as possible. Frankly speaking, the gameplay shown in the video is almost magical. It truly is League of Legends in your pocket. The whole Rift — albeit smaller — is there, along with the many champions and items we all know and love. While there’s still a lot that we don’t know, it’s safe to say that Wild Rift is bound to end up as a seismic success.
Finally, for a more detailed dive into Wild Rift and the whole gameplay reveal, make sure to watch the Riot’s official video.