FIFA 19 Future Stars Team Released
EA Sports and FIFA announced Friday morning the official roster of the FIFA 19 Future Stars team. The squad consists of 21 wonderkids who are on the cusp of becoming household names this season. The players are live in-game through packs starting at 1 PM ET.
These are the FUT Future Stars of 2019, with ratings based on where they could be if they fulfil their potential! ? Live in-game from 6 pm UK. Details ? https://t.co/tk2zK5UW7i #BelieveTheHype #FIFA19 pic.twitter.com/UQu9Eu3B8A— EA SPORTS FIFA (@EASPORTSFIFA) January 18, 2019
Future Stars Squad
According to EA Sports, the players eligible to be on the FIFA 19 Future Stars squad are the hottest breakthrough prospects, 23-years-old or younger, who have shown potential but aren’t quite global stars yet. EA also stated that ratings were inspired by the FIFA database and on what these players could become if they live up to their hype and fulfill their potential.
Listed below are the 21 players announced by EA Sports:
- Vinicius Junior, Real Madrid – 92 Rated – LW
- Matthijs de Ligt, Ajax – 92 Rated – CB
- Houssem Aouar, Olympique Lyonnais – 91 Rated – CM
- Alban Lafont, Fiorentina – 90 Rated – GK
- Arthur, FC Barcelona – 90 Rated – CM
- Jadon Sancho, Borussia Dortmund – 90 Rated – RW
- Kai Havertz, Bayer 04 Leverkusen – 90 Rated – CAM
- Patrick Cutrone, AC Milan – 89 Rated – ST
- Rodrigo Bentancur, Juventus – 89 Rated – CM
- Trent Alexander-Arnold, Liverpool – 89 Rated – RB
- Phil Foden, Manchester City – 89 Rated – CAM
- Davide Calabria, AC Milan – 88 Rated – RB
- Luka Jovic, Eintracht Frankfurt – 88 Rated – ST
- Alejandro Grimaldo, SL Benfica – 88 Rated – LB
- Dayot Upamecano, RB Leipzig – 88 Rated – CB
- Mattéo Guendouzi, Arsenal – 87 Rated – CM
- Justin Kluivert, Roma – 87 Rated – LW
- Éder Gabriel Militão, FC Porto – 87 Rated – CB
- Ferland Mendy, Olympique Lyonnais – 87 Rated – LB
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Everton – 86 Rated – ST
- Achraf Hakimi, Borussia Dortmund – 86 Rated – RB
SBCs, Objectives and More
In the official release, EA Sports announced that throughout the event, six more Future Stars will be available through Squad Building Challenges (SBCs) and Objectives.
The fans will decide the final future star. FIFA players that log into FIFA Ultimate Team between Saturday, Jan. 19 and Monday, Jan. 21 will get the opportunity to cast their vote through a special player pick. The nominees are Aaron Wan-Bissaka (Crystal Palace), Allan Saint-Maximin (OGC Nice), Reiss Nelson (TSG Hoffenheim), Krzysztof Piatek (Genoa), and Brahim Diaz (Real Madrid).
This is an excellent FIFA promotion. There are a lot of things people dislike about FIFA and how the game is handled, but you must give them credit when its due. It’s a brand-new promotion from FIFA featuring players that only die-hard soccer fans would know. It allows fans to try out a new player and potentially create a whole-new squad around them.
I know for sure that I’ll be playing this weekend in a hunt to pack to one these FIFA 19 Future Stars players. If I had to pick one that I hope to pack it would be Mattéo Guendouzi or Arthur.