Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Beta is Live
The beta for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout game mode went live today for everyone on PS4 that has pre-ordered the game. The beta is exclusively available to PS4 users until Friday, Sept. 14. It becomes accessible for PC and Xbox Users on Friday till Sunday.
The Blackout game mode is Call of Duty’s version of the popular battle royale genre in video games. This is the first time that a battle royale game mode is featured in a Call of Duty game.
In Blackout, users play as fan-favorite characters from the Black Ops series and battle through iconic settings. A few of the iconic settings are Nuketown and the Firing Range from the original Black Ops game. The objective of Blackout is to be the last man or team surviving, in a 100-man battle royale. There are many options for players to use to eliminate an opponent. Players can use their fists and guns, but so much more. They can also use RC-XDs, traps, land vehicles, sea vehicles, air vehicles, and Zombies.
Items will be found mostly inside in Call of Duty’s Blackout. According to the Call of Duty’s official website, they suggest the following – search inside homes, tents, warehouses, trailers, tarps, hedge mazes, on roofs and pretty much any place that isn’t out to find gear. However, the items that you find are randomly generated, so the same spot won’t always have the same items from game to game.
Perks are also a factor in Blackout, as they will play differently than they do in multiplayer. Perks can be found lying around on the ground, like any gear or weapon item. The difference is that you must select when to activate the perk. There is a timer for the perks, and the time varies based on the perk. There are over ten perks in the game. Listed below are the benefits each perk has.
- Lightweight – Makes you faster and protects you from fall damage.
- Gung-Ho – Lets you fire your weapon and use equipment while sprinting. Also lets you recover from sprinting quicker and move at full speed while reloading.
- Stimulant – Raises your max health by 100.
- Medic – Heals yourself and allies faster. Those whom you revive regain more health.
- Consumer – Reduces casting time by 20%.
- Outlander – Reduces damage from the circle and increases your speed.
- Paranoia – Sends out an audible alert when an enemy sets their crosshairs on you.
- Skulker – Move quicker when you prone or crouched.
- Iron Lungs – Hold your breath longer when sniping or swimming underwater.
- Looter – Let’s you see ammo, health, weapons, and other items through walls.
- Dead Silence – Reduces your footsteps sound.
Blackout features the largest map ever in a Call of Duty game. The map is highlighted with 14 marked areas, rivers, oceans, forests and rocky terrain. The 14 marked locations are Estates, Hydro Dam, Train Station, Asylum, Firing Range, Nuketown Island, Rivertown, Array, Turbine, Factory, Cargo Docks, Fracking Tower, Construction Site, and Lighthouse. Many of these places will look familiar if you’ve been a fan of the Black Ops series.
Where are you dropping first?— Call of Duty (@CallofDuty) September 5, 2018
This is Blackout, featuring the largest map in Call of Duty history. Pre-order #BlackOps4 and get access to the Blackout Beta, playable September 10 on PS4: https://t.co/XFvGMDwF3M pic.twitter.com/RAxzzDxjPO
Call of Duty: Blacks Op 4 is set to release across all platforms on October 12.