ASUS ROG Partners with Tespa to Empower Collegiate Esports
I love ASUS ROG products. It’s no big surprise that the college gaming network Tespa does too. With that in mind, Tespa will have ASUS Republic of Gamers PCs, Monitors and Routers for their 2019-20 academic year.
This is the third year that ROG and Tespa have teamed up to support over 1,000 campuses for their gaming events and college tournaments. They also offer thousands in esports scholarships and gaming gear. Let’s be honest: Who doesn’t need both of those things? I’m out of college and I could probably still use scholarship funds. Those masters won’t pay for itself.
ASUS ROG and Tespa: A Mighty Partnership
ASUS ROG will continue to work closely with Tespa to create a home for gamers on every campus, as their network continues to grow. Who are Tespa though? They’re recognized as the leader in college esports and foster communities across America. They host gaming events on campuses not just in America, but Canada and South Korea as well.
With more than $3 million in scholarship prizes distributed, Tespa has helped more than 42,000 students from 1300 universities to become empowered students. It’s not easy to get into esports! Whether it’s as a player or on the administration side of things, it’s never an easy task. But Tespa is doing their best to help foster this growing business.
Gary Key, senior director of marketing of ASUS ROG North America, spoke about the partnership:
“Tespa continues to offer outstanding support and resources that are vital to up-and-coming collegiate esports communities in North America and beyond. We are proud to support the next generation of student gamers who seek to demonstrate their competitive spirit and build toward their future through gaming.”
This is something that I wish my campus had known about when I was a budding English Major. Our esports scene wasn’t growing until I was right about to graduate, but I’m glad that more people than ever are getting this chance.
Gear Up for Exclusive Benefits
Are you a college student or a member of a university group or admin? Do you or your students have an interest in esports? Surely someone does. Well, as it happens, you can visit the Tespa website to learn more about joining their network of gamers.
Through this partnership, ROG backs collegiate members and chapters in the Tespa network with exclusive opportunities for premium ROG gamer gear and merchandise. This is done through event support, competitive programs, giveaways, discounts and much more.
For those interested in what benefits for being a Tespa Member or Chapter, here they are:
- Tespa chapters will receive care packages with ROG merchandise to share with their members
- Online giveaways with opportunities to win ROG gear and merchandise
- ROG merchandise support and gaming gear at special events, including meetups and the Tespa Leadership Academy
- A Custom Tespa online store page where all Tespa students receive exclusive discounts on ROG products
- Legendary ROG gaming setup prizing for Championship Teams in Tespa competitive programs
- Chapters that upgrade their recruitment with Tespa Tabling Kits will receive ROG merchandise
- Claim ROG support for campaign events to receive ROG merchandise and gear
- Opportunity to apply for Elite Event Status for a chance to receive upgraded event support, including a loaner ROG router and 12 ROG gaming laptops!
ASUS ROG makes quality products that will no doubt help these growing esports scenes. Every little bit helps, even if it’s a powerful router to make sure players aren’t losing connection during an important match. So, if you’re at a school that thinks they’d benefit from a little added esports hardware support, consider Tespa!